Breast Reduction in Istanbul
Women who are dissatisfied with the size of their breasts can resort to various operations. Breast reduction surgery is similar to breast lift surgery. But unlike breast lift surgery, breast reduction is performed by removing some of the fat contained in the breast and removing some amount of skin. As Welles clinic, we achieve very successful results in breast reduction operations with our qualified and experienced surgeons.
In What Cases Is Breast Reduction Surgery Performed?
There are several situations where breast reduction surgery is performed. In general, the cases in question are as follows.
* People over the age of 18 who have completed breast and body development,
* If you have back pain caused by breast size,
* If posture disorder occurs by forming unwanted curvatures in the spine,
* Breasts are not symmetrical, one is uncomfortably large than the other,
* If the glandular tissue of the mammary glands is more than expected, breast reduction surgery is performed if it negatively affects the person due to aesthetic reasons.
How Is Breast Reduction Surgery Performed? What Are The Techniques Used In Breast Reduction Surgery?
Breast reduction surgeries are performed with 4 different techniques.
Breast reduction surgery without traces: this technique is applied in cases where the breast tissue is alive, does not lose its flexibility, does not cause breast sagging ,and does not have cracks in the breasts. Some of the adipose tissue found in the breast is removed by laser liposuction .
Breast reduction surgery: this technique, performed with incisions from the nipple, is applied to people who need a small amount of reduction.
Breast reduction surgery in the form of a lollipop: this technique is performed in accordance with the natural breast fold. Reduction is performed from the crease area of the chest.
Breast reduction surgery performed in the form of an inverted T: the most commonly used technique of breast reduction surgery is the inverted T technique. In this technique, the reduction process is performed with the help of incisions made down the breast tip.
Recovery Process After Breast Reduction Surgery
It is normal to have some pain after breast reduction surgery. After breast reduction surgery is performed, the fluids that accumulate in the breast are removed and the area is bandaged. After dressing, patients are dressed in sports bras to avoid any problems. Due to a special stitch, there is no need to remove stitches, the stitches melt on their own. Patients should rest for at least 3-4 days after the operation. The first week the pain continues, reducing its severity, and at the end of the first week, severe pain is replaced by mild pain.
Is There A Scar Left After Surgery?
After the operation, scars may remain in the areas where the incision is made. The scars will disappear over time, taking on the skin’s color. For this reason, we must express that the traces in question are not permanent in any way. Due to the small area cut in the Lollipop method, there are fewer traces left compared to the reverse T method. However all surgical scars can become invisible, gaining skin color over time. This condition may vary depending on the person and post-operative care.
What Should Be Considered After Breast Reduction Surgery?
What should be considered after breast reduction surgery is as follows.
* After breast reduction surgery, it is necessary to rest for 3-4 days.
* Painkillers and antibiotic drugs should be used to prevent pain and edema that will occur in the area after breast reduction surgery.
* You should not shower for the first 3 days after breast reduction surgery. 4.you can shower at the end of the day.
* Rest during the period recommended by the doctor, heavy physical activities should be avoided.
* In some cases, doctors may use drains. Some movements are avoided until these drains are pulled.
* Dressing should be applied regularly. Weight should not be lifted for 5-6 weeks.
* Again, attention should be paid to the sleeping position during the healing process.
* It is not appropriate for the patient to lie on their breasts or face down for about 15 days.
What Are The Benefits Of Breast Reduction Surgery?
After breast reduction surgery, various benefits occur. In general, it is possible to rank the benefits in question as follows.
• Your breasts will look aesthetically more beautiful, as the sagging and disproportionate size of your breasts will go away. This will also make you feel better and more beautiful and increase your self-confidence.
* Since excess tissue in the breast is removed, your risk of breast cancer will decrease.
* As the excess weight in your shoulder and back will decrease, the disorders in your posture will improve over time.
* Your pain caused by the size of your breasts will go away. In this way, your quality of life will increase.